What can you expect with Courtney Lynn Photography
When should I book?
- As soon as possible!! Once you have a venue, a photographer should be next on your list :) Peak dates can fill up 6-12 months in advance, for any photographer! If you've found "The One" (i.e. photographer), don't wait to book or you will be very disappointed when their schedule is already full.
What can I expect for my engagement session?
- Engagement shoots are our absolute favorite! You best be prepared for lots of love and laughter! We love being able to tell your story as a couple. Whether you met at a Rangers game, or love having picnics in the park, we want to know all about it! Engagement shoots are fun and engaging -HA!- allowing you both to show off your love for each other in some very creative and sometimes, unexpected ways! This also gives us a chance to get to know each other before the big day. You learn how my style goes and we yours. This makes your trust in us photographing your special day a lot easier. One week after your session, we will schedule a viewing and ordering consultation for you to see your photographs and choose from many different products to invest in, from save the dates to wall art for your home!
What can I expect on my wedding day?
- Complete attention to you and all the details surrounding this amazingly wonderful day! We will be there for every step of the way, guiding you through everything. Don't worry, we've been to a few weddings so we know how it goes :) There will probably be tears during your first look... your vows... and maybe during in the reception, and we will be there to capture it all with tissues in hand! I will make sure to coordinate with you, prior to the day of, regarding a list of images you want to make sure we get. We want you to live in and enjoy the moment of your wedding day, not worrying and stressing about the little things. You can leave that to us! This day only happens once, but we will make sure you are able to enjoy it for years to come.
What happens after our wedding?
- We will schedule a consultation for 4-6 weeks after your wedding where you will be presented with a video slideshow of your wedding photographs as displayed in an album. Each collection includes a 20 page album, however, due to artistic interpretation of the photographer, more pages may be presented to ensure a complete story is presented. After the video you will be able to choose how you would like to customize your new family heirloom, from adding additional pages and images to choosing custom leathers and metal or acrylic covers! We have samples of everything we offer so you are able to see and touch anything you are interested in! All images that are in your album will also be given to you as a digital file in a personalized online gallery for you to share with your family and friends. We also offer other products such as canvas wraps, framed prints and more!
What is the online gallery?
- Because CD's and USB's can be misplaced or damaged, we love being able to offer my clients a less destructible option! Your wedding day images will be uploaded to your very own, personalized gallery web page that will be available to you for 10 years. That's right, 10 years! This gallery will allow you to store, share, download and print your images as many times as you want. It's perfect for this world of ever changing technology! With this gallery, sharing your photos is quick and simple. With the click of a mouse you can save and share your favorite images to Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest. You do have the opportunity to download images at a resolution for printing up to an 8x10. Your gallery also links to a professional lab that will provide you with a printed product that is on par with what we would print for you here at the studio. This is a pro-level lab, so they will match the color calibration information in the files and properly print the images. Their prices are competitive with other consumer labs and they ship right to your front door. Easy!
Why can I not print larger than an 8x10?
- The reason for this is simple. You invested a lot of money into your big day, and we're not just talking about the photography. The dress, the cake, the flowers, all the perfect little details of your day deserve to be showcased perfectly! When you take your digital images to places like Walgreens, Target, Shutterfly, etc., we cannot guarantee the quality of color or product that you will receive. We would hate for you to waste money on a 20x24 poor quality canvas print with a green color cast that won't do your gorgeous wedding day justice. You deserve to look back at your photographs and enjoy all the vibrant colors and details of your special day. Ultimately, these photographs become new heirlooms for your family to pass down from generation to generation. You want to make sure they last forever. When you purchase your art through our studio, we make sure that every aspect is perfect before you get it.
Do you retain the copyright for the photos?
- Yes, as your professional photographer, we retain the copyright to all of your wedding day images. However, you will be given an official release for personal use and printing of your images.
What is needed to book our date?
- All weddings require a signed contract and a 25% deposit to reserve your wedding date. The deposit will serve as a credit towards your selected package. The remaining balance must be paid in full at least one month prior to your wedding date.
Why choose you?
- Photography is an investment, not just financially but emotionally. Your wedding day will be one of the most memorable and emotional days of your life. We do our best to make sure we are a good match, as we want you to love working with us as much as we would love working with you. After all, we will be spending the next 6 months or so visiting and planning for your big day, friendships are bound to form! We love being able to celebrate with people and what better way to do that then be a part of their wedding day!
You're the photographer for us! What do I do now?
- Wonderful!! The first thing to do is contact me regarding availability. You can do so by clicking HERE. If we're available for your date, we would love to meet with you so we can get to know each other and talk more about your special day! Once we have chosen a package that best suits your needs, we will send you a contract and instructions on how to pay the 25% retainer. We cannot reserve a date for a wedding without both the signed contract and retainer on file. Once all that is done, let the wedding planning begin! We look forward to working with you!